Thursday, October 30, 2008

The story I should Write

old mr. webster could never define what's being said between your heart and mine.
and when the answer that you want
is in the question that you state
come what may
come what may
I have the hardest time resisting you.
i dont mind you comin here and wastin all my mind.
cause when you're standin oh so near i kinda lose my mind,
yeah... i guess you're just what i needed
i don't want the world to see me
'cause i don't think that they'd understand;

but if i wanted silence, i would whisper
if i wanted loneliness, i'd choose to go
and if i liked rejection, i'd audition
and if i didn't love you, you would know

i find the map and draw a straight line over rivers, farms, and state lines.
the distance from A to where you'd B, it's only finger lengths that i see.
i touch the place where i'd find your face.
my fingers increases of distant dark places.
i hang my coat up in the first bar, there is no peace that i've found so far.
the laughter penetrates my silence as drunken men find flaws in science.
their words mostly noises ghosts with just voices,
your words in my memory are like music to me.
and miles from where you are, i lay down on the cold ground and i,
i pray that something picks me up and sets me down in your warm arms

turned my whole world upside down
save me, i am swallowed by the guilt of this.
you're gone, sleeping in the dust. we will not let time erase us.

No comments: