Thursday, May 8, 2008

(In response to 'Letter to No One')

To whom it may concern:

I appreciate your thought and I shudder to think of where you are now...but I'd like to add one consideration to alter your stream of consiousness.
Human beings may often be self-indulgent and egotistical at times. However, we possess a quality that rarely any other species may: love.
Through sofly spoken words, a smile, a kiss, an embrace, or even a touch of the palm, overwhelming feelings may swarm a body so intensely that an individual can begin to feel warmth inside, even in the coldest of rainstorms.
This is love.
Know love, no hate.
I understand that time, death, and sadness may have weightened your mind. With what war brings are such times of tragedy, however, I wanted to let you know that no matter where you are on this earth, everyone smiles in the same language.
And always, someone somewhere has you in their thoughts.
God Bless Our Troops.
and God Bless You

No comments: